Reliable Public Transporation and Infrastructure
Transit systems across the United States are deteriorating, and agencies running their services and structures often lack the infrastructure funds to keep even existing systems functioning. For the past several decades, federal funding for mass public transit has decreased by 40% -- and our nation’s infrastructure and economies have suffered as a result. The reality is, transportation is the foundation of America’s economic activity, whether it’s our workforce commuting or the transfer of commercial goods and supplies.
In a turn of the tide, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill (BIL) authorizes up to $108 billion worth of capital improvements to mass transportation, from tackling Amtrak’s repair backlog to building and rebuilding multimodal public transit hubs nationwide.
Watch: Gain Confidence in Managing Your Infrastructure Projects with e-Builder
For the past several decades, federal funding has decreased by 40% for public transit projects.
This unprecedented funding opportunity presents a significant challenge to public transit systems and processes for managing infrastructure projects, often which are holdovers from days of tight budgets and lean operations. When budgets are suddenly and dramatically increased, and multiple projects must begin simultaneously, “we’ve always done it this way” is no longer a viable solution.
It's a Whole New Playing Field for Transportation Infrastructure
As the Bipartisan Infrastructure plan evolves, everyone from engineers to project managers can expect a heightened level of scrutiny as federal funding increases significantly. For your transit program, expect to provide:
- Proof of the efficiency and value of transit projects
- Complete transparency into the stewardship of infrastructure funds
- Proof of job creation, socioeconomic impact, and sustainability success
- Accountability for every project task, dollar, and outcome
Having the right partner and transportation infrastructure tools in place to accurately track costs, report progress and manage the project lifecycle will be critical.
Build Smart, Safe Public Transport Infrastructure with e-Builder Enterprise
e-Builder has over 25 years of experience supporting and managing transit expansion and infrastructure projects for capital improvement programs. Whether it is a rail transit agency, Amtrak hub or local government if the budget is doubling or tripling with infrastructure funding, e-Builder can help plan for the multiple challenges to address this immediate need to scale — even demystifying infrastructure funding criteria.
More than 500 organizations worldwide have used e-Builder Enterprise transportation infrastructure management solutions to manage over $1 trillion in capital projects. e-Builder Enterprise is a cloud-based solution for managing public construction and infrastructure projects. It automates information handoffs between designers, contractors, consultants and owners through a best-in-class workflow engine that transforms manual and paper-based processes to digital. It provides the industry’s most flexible infrastructure project financial management solution, integrating construction costs with accounting.
More than 500 organizations worldwide have used e-Builder Enterprise to manage more than $1 trillion in capital projects.
The Definitive Guide to Digital Transformation for Owners of Capital Improvement Programs
Download our Definitive Guide to Digital Transformation for Owners of Capital Improvement Programs and learn why leveraging an advanced digital construction management solution like e-Builder Enterprise—which is designed for owners like you—will effectively aid in managing the funding, tracking and reporting of your infrastructure-related projects. Get your complimentary guide.
Additional Infrastructure Funding Resources:
- Trimble chart highlighting the Infrastructure Bill Spending by STATE
- Brookings’ federal infrastructure hub breaks down the funding by project type and agency
- The American Society of Civil Engineers has a resource to track open IIJA grants and more
- So does the Government Finance Officers Association with its Notice of Funding Opportunity tracker
Transportation Testimonials and Case Studies
e-Builder Enterprise helps you increase productivity, streamline processes, support more community collaboration, and deliver greater visibility and transparency. But don’t take our word for it — hear what our public-sector clients have to say about our transportation infrastructure solutions:
Public Works Project in the Twin Cities Uses e-Builder Enterprise to Centralize Processes
Hear firsthand how MetCouncil is utilizing e-Builder Enterprise to streamline processes and ensure transparency for the largest infrastructure transit public works projects in the state of Minnesota.
- Related Webinar: In-depth discussion with Luke Van Santen on how the Minnesota’s Metropolitan Council leverages e-Builder for efficiencies and accountability. Click here to view.
4 Key Takeaways from the Metropolitan Council’s Experience with e-Builder:
- e-Builder’s technically skilled professionals successfully managed the implementation.
- The e-Builder support staff is always ready to respond with knowledgeable, professional support.
- e-Builder’s user conferences allow customers to interact with other e-Builder users to share success stories and
industry networking opportunities.
- The e-Builder online community and the client advisory board offers a high level of information sharing; you will never leave without having learned something new.
True Transit Project Control for $1.62B Light Rail at Charlotte Area Transit System
The transit agency in Charlotte, North Carolina brought in e-Builder to give it total project control as it managed the construction of a new light-rail project.
A Vision of the Future of Transit from Tim Haile at Contra Costa Transportation Authority
As an industry thought leader and deputy executive director of the transit authority in California’s Contra Costa County, Tim Haile shares his vision for the future of transportation infrastructure and how the construction industry will change because of it.
- Related Blog: Contra Costa Transportation Authority: Using e-Builder to Eliminate Data Silos and Increase Efficiency. Click here to view.
Design + Build + Operate
If you want to ensure that you're giving the most back to your local community, you need to partner with an experienced leader in the construction industry. We’d be honored to be that partner.